Enjoy a 51 bucket list destination to travel in 2021 featuring must-visit sandy beaches, vibrant cities, exotic wildlife in their natural habitats, and world-famous landmarks.
If you are like most people, the more you travel, the more places you want to add to your bucket list. We have all heard the saying “it’s a small world,” and you’re probably running out of ideas for the next trip. I beg to differ. The world is huge, and there is still so much to explore. All you need is a unique bucket list destination that will help you live your best life by motivating you to push limits and broaden your horizon.
Do you ever see a photo of a particular place, and it fills you with excitement and a burning urge to go and see that place? Well, this “51 bucket list destination 2021 across the globe” is full of such places. With so many countries, each with landmarks, culture, and climate, you’re spoilt for choice. It will give you ideas on where to go, and what to do so you can start ticking some of those places off the list. From epic classics to exciting newcomers, here is a list of the 51 best places to visit worldwide.
Top bucket list destinations across the globe
- Slide down the Great Wall of China.
- Travel to Japan during the Cherry blossoms season
- Enjoy the site of the magnificent New York City from the top of the Empire State Building.
- Go on a Safari at Maasai Mara National Park.
- Watch the sunrise at the temple of Borobudur In Indonesia.
- Discover an unexplored gem in Gabon. Located on the west coast of Africa, walk along the white-sandy beaches and spot the mythic surfing hippo. Discover Bwiti Culture while observing Missogo people undergo spiritual roots of Iboga plant.
- Spend a night in an Ice Hotel in Sweden. Gets a once-in-a-lifetime experience spending the night in one of their negative-five-degree room surrounded by artistically chiseled ice.
- Watch the famous Strokkur Geyser erupt every eight to ten minutes at the Golden Circle of Iceland.
- Tour the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur.
- Experience Istanbul’s call to prayers at the Blue Mosque.
- Explore the silent City of Mdina in Malta which has 300 residents. For a special evening, enjoy Mediterranean and local cuisine at Mdina Restaurant.
- Get stunned by the Great Pyramid of Giza.
- Go for an overnight boat cruise along Ha Long Bay.
- If you are a fan of Game of Thrones, take a trip across Ireland, and there is an endless supply of recognizable locations.
- Get a cultural experience at Chichen Itza, located in the Yucatan State of Mexico.
- Explore the ancient Mayan city that captures the culture and history of the people from the past.
- Enjoy diving at Raja Ampat Island in Indonesia.
- Volunteer to feed the elephants in Cambodia at the Elephant Valley Project.
- Visit the ruins of Petra in Jordan.
- Enjoy a romantic date night with a view of the Eiffel Tower alight at night.
- Snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef
- Tour the Canals of Venice on an enchanting Gondola Ride.
- Witness thousands of whales in Manitoba migrating southwards to Churchill.
- Enjoy real Mexican food in Mexico City.
- Eat the world’s best pizza at Napoli.
- Explore the lost city of the Incas while enjoying the views of Huayna Picchu Mountain in Machu Picchu, Peru.
- Witness the world’s most beautiful and famous skyline at London Eye.
- Swim with the pigs in the Exumas.
- Take in an exquisite landscape of the Grand Canyon.
- Explore turquoise-hued glacial lakes and rivers as well as jagged cliffs at Glacier National Park of Montana.
- Swim in Iceland Blue Lagoon.
- Step into the past and explore the plague history at the vast Prague Castle in the Czech Republic.
- Take a trip to the Arktikum, a glass-roofed museum that houses the history and culture of Finland.
- Set an ultimate romantic getaway to the Maldives. Stay in an over-water bungalow set on top of turquoise blue waters.
- Experience California famous music festival known as Coachella.
- Cruise down the Amazon River and catch some pink dolphins.
- Watch the world’s seventh wonder of wild beast migration in the Serengeti.
- Kick back at the white sandy beaches of Bora Bora.
- Explore awe-inspiring scenery at the temples at Wadi Rum
- Take a sunset cruise in the deep blue waters of Napoli Coast as you enjoy views of 3,000-foot –high cliffs in Hawaii.
- Rent a four-wheel drive and recreate the “English Patient “in the cave of the swimmers. Go on an extra horsepower on a camel.
- Witness nature’s wonder by taking a safari at the Ngorongoro conservation crater.
- Explore across Cappadocia’s “fairy chimneys” in a hot-air balloon, and end your night by sleeping in a cave.
- Step into a fairy tale at UNESCO Heritage Site. Explore Moorish Castle and the National Palace of Sintra. Wonder in the windy limestone street as you enjoy Portuguese cultural food in the quaint cafes.
- Enjoy incredible views of ice and wildlife as you cruise down in Antarctica.
- Rent a car and take a drive on the highway that clings to the side of sea cliffs along the Amalfi coast of Italy
- Visit Scottish Island and enjoy heather-covered Mountains, cascading waterfalls, and magnificent ancient castles.
- Take a trip to Cinque Terre along northern Italy’s Ligurian Coast. Enjoy the fantastic scenery, fantastic food, fabulous food, and welcoming people.
- Pull an All Nighters in Ibiza. Experience the best of both worlds by staying all night in the club and drifting to the sandy beach the next day to witness the infamous sunrises.
- Trek through the dense rainforest of Uganda and get a close encounter with the mountain gorillas of the jungle.
- Discover the Taj Mahal. The enormous mausoleum of white marble was built by order of Emperor Shah Janan in memory of his wife.
Pick your bucket list travel destination
Whether you are looking for an action-packed escape, unique cultural experience or action, or beautiful beaches, the options are endless. I hope you enjoyed reading about all these breathtaking destinations and hopefully find inspiration to put some of these destinations into your bucket list.